Tuesday, January 26, 2010

soup of love


Yesterday all I could think about was warm homemade chicken vegetable soup. My mind gets clicking & I try to think of goodies I could add to it... Hmmm what would the kids like, Hmmm what will Sean like & of course what will I like. Ahhh yes... all of these ingredients:
  • 2 boxes of low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 onion {your choice}... Chopped up
  • 1 cup of diced tomatoes {can of your choice}
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 garlic clove {cut into 4's}
  • 2 chicken breasts cut up
  • sprinkle of salt {you be the judge}
  • sprinkle of pepper {you be the judge}
  • 1/2 a head of cabbage
  • diced carrots
  • 1 cup of corn {frozen}
  • 1 cup of peas {frozen}
  • 1/2 the bag of Penna pasta {up to you again}

I put the chicken broth, salt, pepper & chicken in first. I cook that on high till the broth starts to boil. Then I let everything {except tomatoes, cabbage & noodles} just simmer together for about 20 minutes on low & then I add in the tomatoes. Let that cook with everything for another 5 minutes. Then add the cabbage & noodles & let cook on low for 15 minutes. I set the timer & walk away. Best to eat with grated fresh Parmesan cheese on top & french bread. Dip away with the bread! Enjoy!

Then serve with LOVE.... To the ones you LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment