Sunday, January 3, 2010

{lesson 1...}

OK
Everyone please get a pen & piece of paper out
{I'll wait if you don't}

It's time to take notes!
:: Exterior ::
1.) Manicured landscaping
2.) Gravel {possibly shells} driveway
3.) Exterior is all different levels {not a stucco box & flat}
4.) Proper entry
5.) Continuation of shingle siding {not broken up}
:: Close up of entry - Front porch ::
1.) Different size & designed windows {they say that different windows on a house brings good luck plus show a very creative & good architect}
2.) Incorporated brick {didn't paint it either}
3.) Look at all the trim & detail on the exterior
4.) Perfect shutters {coastal}
5.) Classic porch lite
:: Interior Kitchen ::
1.) White Classic cabinets {timeless}
2.) Great use of color {one big POP}
3.) Love the latches on the cabinet doors
4.) Fabulous wood floors
5.) Fun lights {I'm sitting on the fence on those...Hmmm}
:: Kitchen - Different view ::
1.) Brought the red from the island over to the bar stools {nice follow through}
2.) Added glass cabinets to help the kitchen still feel open {plus nice display for china...etc.}
3.) Deep enough eating surface
4.) Simple & smooth counter tops {not busy & distracting}
5.) Like the texture on the bar {beaded board}
:: Bathroom ::
1.) Kept the bathroom simple & white {can change it up with towels...etc. throughout the years}
2.) Beaded boarded {that sounds so awkward to say} the walls {nice touch}
3.) Put wood flooring in the bathroom {no rules... Good one}
4.) Tied the mirror with the floor {remember red island & red bar stools}
5.) Bathtub, bathtub, bathtub... Need I say more!

:: Master Bedroom Closet ::
1.) Wood floors
2.) In closed all the closets with doors {no one needs to see your mess}
3.) Added a chaise lounge to sit when tired of trying on all your clothes {or hubby can sit too}
4.) Added lights in "each" closet so you can see your clothes
5.) Classic latches like the kitchen cabinets {follow through}

Good note taking
{or you can print this out if your hand got tired or writing}

on

Classic Coastal Homes

3 comments:

  1. This really is the perfect style home! Thanks for all the notes. Happy New Year! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? This house is so perfect, I do I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitchen literally took my breath away! And yes I DO heart it!!! I agree with you on the lights in the kitchen - I like them, I just think there are a few too many. And I would KILL for that closet (btw, I ALWAYS keep my horse saddle in my closet - don't you??) Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete