Saturday, April 6, 2019

birthday to remember...


W O W...  My daughter is 13 now!  I'm not emotional or upset... O K yes at the fact, that I have more grey hair and need more botox to keep me looking younger than I am... Ha Ha I'm truly thrilled for her! This really is a time in her life that she can make more decisions and honestly try new and exciting things in life. I know she's growing up and changing, but this is an exciting time. I wish I had slowed down and really enjoyed growing up more. I hope I can relay that message to Taylor in a subtle way without getting her upset. Taylor does get mad, but then realizes her frustration and talks about it. Who does that!?!? Yes, Taylor does.. She is just an old gentle soul who deserves the world!
  

So I decided to do something special for her once a day leading up to her BIG day. I started my little fun on a Friday. So when I picked her up from school, which was early dismissal, we went to her favorite sushi place... Then headed over to a cute bakery afterwards, called Susie Cakes in Carlsbad. No joke if you haven't been you need to stop by and try their baked goods. So decadent and divine! 


Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to Sur La Table for a cooking class {march adventure}. Seriously, we had a blast! I signed us up for the eclair class. It was 2.5 hours. Just the right amount to create and bake... Then stuff your face with the end products.  Truth it was awesome... Taylor loved it! It was a great little bonding experience as well. A must with your kids as they get older {truly at any age}. Directly after that class we rushed over to get manicures and pedicures {here}. Ahh that was pure heaven. I think the relaxation after our cooking class made everything in the world just right... Now, if I was thinking one step ahead I would have made us wear sweat pants and really let us enjoy the moment. I guess next time we can... 


Then the day finally came... The BIG 13 day, March 24th. I took her to our favorite little treat... Supercuts for a conditioning treatment {30 min. under the heater} and then a blow out. She was in heaven! Her hair turned out glorious. One thing about Taylor, she has the thickest head of her that getting all the shampoo out is a struggle. So I try my hardest to help, but I'm not always able to. So going to have them cleanse her hair and help scrub the old shampoo out is a treat for her {and me}. Well worth the money! After supercuts, we had breakfast burritos watching the ocean...Perfect! The sky was so blue... Almost like the heavens above were happy she was 13 and I was getting older. Just kidding... But the day really was amazing! After breakfast... I took her to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. They were having an Indian Holi Festival of Color... It was pretty interesting! The music was so moving and everyones spirits were high. Of course the best part was the stunning flowers. Oh My Gosh... They are beyond beautiful. I highly recommend that you go. Definitely a memory we will never forget together... Especially as a 13 year old! 


The one thing about Taylor is... She doesn't care what you do, its the fact that she's with you and included. I know, I know, I know I've said this a million times... But this girl never has anything bad to say about anyone, she loves unconditionally... Her leg could be falling off and she would still walk the 10 mile race with you. Taylor is definetly a diamond in the ruff! I love this girl! Happy 13th Birthday Taylor Michelle... Mom loves you with all my heart! I will never give up on you {ever}, you are my entire world! Happy 13th Birthday Taylor!  


No comments:

Post a Comment