Tuesday, August 22, 2017

master bedroom {interior design}


LOVE the before pictures that I always take when I first meet with a new client. I'm sure the clients are terrified of what I'm going to do with them. Of course I would never, ever embarrass my clients {wink}. Hello... The before's are the b e s t! Truth, it all works out in the end!
I really enjoyed working with this family. The wife absolutely cracked me up. It was never a dull moment when I came over to her house. I loved hearing about the master bedroom neglect... She was horrified when friends would come over and she would have to make a million excuses on why it wasn't pretty. She kept apologizing for the room... I totally understood her pain. Sometimes certain rooms get neglected because you want other parts of your home to get completed first. Plus, you want to finish some rooms first that are more visual than others. Believe me I completely understand! 



The feeling that we wanted to achieve in this room was a calming and tranquil space mixed in with classic tones. My clients kids are at the age where they are all "hanging out" down stairs in the family room... Instead of kicking the kids out, they decided to keep the kids home safe, but have a their own space to retreat to and feel comfortable! We accomplished just that... If I had installed a mini fridge in the room life would have definite been even more complete for them. But, If I did install a fridge... I don't think they would have ever come down stairs again!  



I love these classic leather chairs I chose. They're beyond comfortable and very durable. Let me remind you they had 2 cats and 3 dogs so they needed durability. All of the fabric was sealed for stain resistance. We wanted too go the extra mile... Just incase! 




I had so much fun designing this master bedroom. This job was so much fun and extremely easy because I had fabulous and beyond trusting clients... They understood I had a vision and I was going to make their dream come true! A new master retreat! I hope you all enjoyed my before and after photos. See it all really does work out in the end {wink}!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment