Sunday, June 20, 2010

slip 'n slide + chicken kabobs = happy father's day!

We had a blast this Father's Day! Really the day was filled with TONS of laughter... {from me waking up late & Sean yelling out Happy Mother's Day... Ops!}. We took a glorious walk to downtown Encinitas for breakfast... Then had some wild slip 'n slide time... & ended the day with a scrumptious BBQ at my parents house. Perfect father's day!
CAUTION: These photos might make you laugh...
:: Ryan & daddy ::
:: Ryan ::
:: Taylor ::
NOTE: NO child was hurt during the Scully's wild slip 'n slide event!
Ahhhh Colorful plate of veggies... Waiting patiently to get picked for the kabobs! I could have had just this plate for dinner... So crisp & fresh!
OH so yummy!!! I got the idea for chicken kabobs from the Martha Stewart everyday food magazine.
Then the day ended with this carrot cake. I called it the carrot fat finger cake. lol My sister-in-law got it for free when she walked into VONS on Saturday... So WA LA we all had FREE desert. Actually It wasn't so bad either. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it... But if I was in a huge crunch or panic I would head over to VONS on Santa Fe & pick another one up. Lets say this was an excellent back up cake.
***
I can't even tell you how blessed I am to have such an a amazing father. He has stood by me through everything. I really have theperfect father!!! He has taught me patience, responsibility... How to live life & laugh. He has taught me how to open my eyes & not judge... & Respect others. Words can't even describe how lucky I am to have you in my life dad! I love you very much!
Sean... You are an amazing father to Taylor & Ryan. Your love, compassion & strength is priceless! They are so lucky to have you for their daddy! I know you will protect them till the end... Lucky, Lucky, Lucy!
I hope you all had a wonderful father's day... The Scully & von Gymnich family sure did!

1 comment:

  1. cute father's day!! Those pictures of the slip n slide are priceless.

    ReplyDelete