Tuesday, July 2, 2019

book review {may/june}


Holy Smokes... Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens was unbelievably a m a z i n g! I really want to tell you everything about this book, but won't! This is definitely a book I connected with. Something about getting knocked down, but getting back up resonated with me. The hardship this woman went through in her life was absolutely incredible almost  like a dance... A beautiful dance! Everyones journey in life is completely different, but we all feel the same pain. It still hurts the same, what ever the issue is or was in your life.  

This character had me captivated. I was mesmerized by her journey... Even till the end. And y e s I cried like a baby {ok it was an ugly cry}. After finishing the book I got a really bad headache... I was drained from reading. I think I was emotional drained connecting all the dots and feeling her pain.  Now that my headache is gone and the sun is shining bring here in San Diego, I have paused to reflect back on everything. Life is truly a journey and like I have said many times before how we hold our head up in life is truly a gift. So bottom line read this book and question yourself. Question, How you go forward... How you treat others... How you pick yourself up in a situation {good or bad}...   How? How? How? Do it! Enjoy this book... I believe you will like it as much as I did!  I give this one an A+ review from the rustic rooster book club! 


No comments:

Post a Comment