Friday, July 19, 2019

before & after master bath {interior design}

I've been having a really good time scrolling through my phone looking at all my new and old interior design projects. Laughed, drooled and even questioned a few things I did... Hey, we all grow from our positive and  negative mistakes. These pictures of a bathroom I did back in the day really stands out in my mind! I love the process and the final outcome! Its so classic and simple... I wouldn't change a thing! Yes, maybe the shampoo bottles and shaver, but over all I really love what I designed! 

  First off, I had the best time working with this family. Super easy and willing to try any thing I suggested. Love that! 

Well, this beauty was fully gutted! Say "good bye" to the 80's! 

I know you all loved the original tile and overall look!  Hey at the time this was a hot bathroom design... I'll give it that, but man it sure didn't last. 



Taking down all the walls and gutting everything was fun and definitely exciting to see what I had to work with!  Seeing the potential of the space was amazing... This room was huge!


All of my selections were perfect for the overall look. My client wanted the 3 C's... Calm, Classic and Coastal. I think that was achieved... This bathroom will last for a very long time. Timeless!  


I designed this vanity so it had dimension.   I selected 2 old matching mirrors to fit over each sink. The antique looking mirrors {reproductions} added a little texture to the room.   


Of course what room wouldn't be complete without rustic rooster's classic Blue and White pottery. A coastal classic in my book... {huge smile}


My client really only had one request besides the 3 C's... It was a claw foot tub. Well, her wish was granted! By adding a claw foot tub in the room we add more of an architectural dimension to the room. This bathroom appears long and lean so we need your eye to move around. We didn't want the room to be boring and flat... I like how all the little details really make a statement throughout. We didn't leave anything unfinished. 

Would I design another bathroom like this... YES in a heart beat. Its 100% my style and a lasting style... When I create a room I don't create from a hot trend. I create a space that will last hopefully for a very long time...  Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. it is gorgeous! I'm particularly loving the bird art, since I just had 4 of the same prints sent to me by Holly Mathis for my family room we're working on. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good before and after! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Cannot go wrong with timeless subway tile.
    And I love the vanity design. Looks more like a piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, your classic and clean fingerprints are all over this gorgeous bathroom. I love it!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me what color / brand your grout here is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really its looking so different from any other bathroom deigns I really like the architecture of the bathroom. Really nice. Thanks for sharing the new design trend of the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete