Tuesday, January 10, 2012

take a seat

Why do people make dining rooms so formal & overdone nowadays? To impress people? To feel grand &  important?  Well, in my design I try to make them extremely livable & comfortable. To be honest with you...  You just might find a shoe or a toy truck under my table if you must know {wink}. Most people like to sit & talk for hours in their dining rooms. I've seen homework done in these rooms or even art projects spread over the entire table.  Having everything so pristine & perfect just doesn't fly with me or my clients. I love using different textures, woods &  colors. I create the perfect mixture. We all need to be able to live in each room of our homes. Hello we have kids &  pets. Here's a dining room I completed.  My photographer just sent me the proof. All I want to do is sit down with a cup of coffee & relax in this room right now...  Well, since it's late I'll take a large glass of milk! Nighty Night Bloggers!

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and does look oh-so-inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, Alex! my dream chair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind sharing where you found the table and chairs? They're perfection! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morgan, the table was my client’s original dining table & the chairs she purchased through the rustic rooster. You're more than welcome to contact me for pricing. They're gorgeous! Thanks, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, thanks! My husband, baby and I are moving to California from NYC this summer, so I will be in touch then to swing by to see the chairs and all of your other goodies. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not even joking Alex...but I almost did the same light and the same side chairs and end chairs in our new dining room! Looks so beautiful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete