Wednesday, January 11, 2012

kitchen brain


I've been researching kitchens left & right lately... Because I'm remodeling a 1950's kitchen for a client. The bones of the kitchen I'm working with are absolutely fabulous, but the appearance is definitely outdated. It just needs a little tlc. Really that's all... Usually, I want to gut kitchens & start from scratch, but this one's an actual keeper. 

I  was looking through my sources of kitchens on my computer &  found this one {above} & almost fell over.  This kitchen & the one I'm designing look so similar.  I know the coloring is different... But, the bones feel the same to me. I think really its the layout... Too funny!  

 {before kitchen}

  
{remo progress}

{progress}

 
Now, it's all about the little details... For example countertop, lighting, blinds, area rug & accessories {oh my}! She's going to look so pretty!  Keep intouch & I'll show you the after...

{Question... Does anyone know the kithen source above {1st picture}? I want to give credit where it's deserved... Thanks!}

2 comments:

  1. I love it Alexandra! Can't wait to see the finishe kitchen

    xoxo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspirational kitchens are fabulous! And the kitchen turned out wonderful! Love that sink! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete