Sunday, January 16, 2011

been there done that

I can now say I've been to a Pawn Shop... Oh what a joy! After our 100 mile walk today around town with the kiddos I got this crazy idea to hit up a pawn shop in Oceanside. Sean was so thrilled {thought I was actually insane & didn't want to go}.

One of our customers said, she found a vintage Cartier watch at a pawn shop. Ever since then I've been dreaming, planning & plotting to go to one. Well, I did it. OK I was so let down. Maybe because this pawn shop wasn't anything special. After I left I felt kind of sad... I started thinking about all the wedding rings that were sold because they needed money. Wow... Their were so many. How awful is that. Hey, you've gotta do what you've gotta do... That's life! Right!?!? After I browsed the watch section to only find Rolex's & one Tiffany & co. watch I started over to the rings... Then my son decided to thrown a tantrum right by the cashier table because we told him he couldn't change the channel on the TV... Ya not such a good thing... So we left. If any of you know of another good pawn shop let me know... I'm in to do this again! Please!!! Have any of you purchased something good at a pawn shop? Do tell!

2 comments:

  1. I have never been in one. I am not sure why. I am a total thrift store aholic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... Maybe Pawn Shops are going to be the new thrift stores of 2011. ha ha ha I'm going to try again... :)

    xoxo, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete