Saturday, September 11, 2021

i will never forget

I will never forget her! She had a voice that was strong, captivating and oh so beautiful! As a child I would sit mesmerized listening to her read to me in the library at Campbell Hall. Years later during my college days I was working on the Cape at Chatham Bars Inn... Haven't seen her in ages. As I stood talking to a guest, I heard her... I turned very slowly. I knew that voice... I was flooded with every childhood memory possible. It was like an angel had entered the room... It WAS Mrs. Angell. I ran over to her like I was back in kindergarten. Threw my arms around her and gave her a big hug! Oh Mrs. Angell you are very missed! I know in heaven you're captivating everyone with your beautiful voice!  Mrs. Angell and her husband were returning home to Los Angeles from a wedding on the Cape on 9/11... When their plane was hijacked and crashed into the World Trade Center. We will always remember and honor you... Rest in peace! xoxo

To remember Lynn's legacy and the love of reading she brought to so many students, Campbell Hall dedicated the library's elementary reading area as "The Lynn and David Angell Children's Reading Room" in honor of this amazing couple. Every elementary student gets to spend time in this special room and continues to be inspired by stories told by our fantastic librarians. 

Read more about Lynn and David's legacy here:




No comments:

Post a Comment