Wednesday, May 12, 2021

energy boosters for your midday slump...


You're up early, you have a healthy breakfast, some exercise, and of course, a cup {or two} of coffee. The day is off to a great start! All is going well, and then it hits. The midday slump. You did everything you could to avoid it. So why are you so tired? 

This slump could be happening for a number of reasons {underlying medical condition, insufficient/broken sleep, stress, spiked blood sugar, not enough exercise, etc.}. So it is important for you to pay close attention to any changes that you make in your day to determine what is causing it for you. 

As for myself, I have implemented a few things into my day that have helped me to get over this midday slump. You may want to give it a try and see if you experience any improvements in your midday energy levels. Here's to afternoons filled with renewed energy and productivity! 


Drink Water...

We all know that we are supposed to drink a lot of water in order to stay properly hydrated. But I will be the first to admit that it is sometimes hard for me to reach my minimum daily intake unless I remain mindful of it. Which is why I start off and end my day with a glass or two of water, and carry around a water bottle with me wherever I go to ensure that I stay hydrated throughout the day. 

 





Drink Tea...

Enjoy a cup of tea! Whether it be ginger tea, green tea, or peppermint tea, it will give you an instant pick-me-up without the caffeine crash. While all herbal teas are a healthy choice, each one has its own unique benefits. Green tea is filled with antioxidants. Ginger tea slightly raises your body temperature, increasing your metabolism. Peppermint tea can increase attention and focus. So try a few to see which you like best and make it a regular part of your afternoon ritual. 







Invigorating Scents...

Scents play a big part in influencing our mood. There are some essential oils that have been clinically proven to relieve fatigue and increase energy. One of those essential oils is rosemary. If you have a rosemary plant, simply rub a sprig between your fingers to release the scent and rub it on your hands and neck. If you have a bottle of rosemary essential oil, squeeze a drop into the palm of your hands, rub them together, and cup your hands over your nose and mouth. 


Listen to Music...

Listening to music releases endorphins in the brain which can give us a feeling of excitement or calm, depending on the music we choose. Increased endorphin levels can help to decrease the effects of stress, which can replenish some of our lost energy. This is my favorite energy booster, much to my children's chagrin.






No comments:

Post a Comment