Tuesday, March 12, 2019

family time

Sometimes, we all need to just get away and enjoy our family... Especially when its a certain someones birthday! The top dog... My mom! She chose to go up to Lake Arrowhead and have us all go skiing for her birthday. No joke we had a blast! 

We lit birthday candles in a little pink box in the lobby of the hotel. We laughed and ate cake till we were all sick and in a food coma. No fancy plates... Nothing! Now that's a birthday we all will remember forever! With the ones we love...

Being up in Lake Arrowhead brought back a lot of memories for me... As a child my brother and I would go up to Big Bear to go skiing at Snow Summit every weekend with a ski group called Blizzard. Rise and Shine every Saturday... 5:00am at the Gelsons Parking lot. No joke it was amazing until I hated getting up that early and so no more mom!  My brother on the other hand  was obsessed with Skiing. No joke obsessed! I do have to say, we really did have fun and I learned so much with that group... Sorry to report I'm not a hot dog skier, but man I sure know how to get down that mountain fast! lol

Watching my little's ski with me and my brother, was amazing! I felt a sense of peace on this trip... Weird I know, But having us all together for my moms birthday and having fun on the slops really did it for me. Kind of like an out of body experience... Like I was watching a cool adventure happen in front of me. I kept asking myself... Look how blessed I am! I have both my babies with me, with my family. I am so lucky in life! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We are all having fun and enjoying ourselves. No one was fighting... Encouragment was high on the list with each other. I listened to my brother help my kids and teach them things that I couldn't teach them. My brother did it in a fatherly way... They need that help and male guidance. They need to see a male figure that is kind and respectful to them. That sent chills down my spine with joy and yes I did shed a few tears as I was skiing. For the first time in a long time I relaxed and said, everything is all good and still kept saying, Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!    


Well, sometimes you just need to get away and have family time and look at the bigger picture in life... If you relax in life you can see a plan is forming and everything is all good!  I am so blessed to have the family I have. I love them with all my heart... I can't wait for the next adventure with them! I'll keep you post... Happy Tuesday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment