Thursday, July 29, 2010

sunrise parfaits

Doesn't this look so yummy... Fresh & clean! You're on my hit list Mrs. Sunrise Parfait! I can't wait to make you... & eat you all up! For those of you who are faster than me on making things in the kitchen... Make it & let me know how it is. I'll be dreaming of you all day while I slave away at work!

Ingredients
1 cup fat-free milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed berries
2 containers (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat granola

Directions
1. In a small saucepan, bring milk and salt just to boiling. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Divide couscous among six 8-ounce plastic cups (or to-go containers with lids). Top each with frozen berries and yogurt. Cover and chill overnight. Top with granola before serving.

2 comments:

  1. it look awsome! where did you get that recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayce,

    I got it from Parent magazine... I get an online e-blast almost every morning. Yummy! You should sign up. So easy!

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete