Monday, February 15, 2010

{1} start day


Well, Today's the day I start my training... You ask for what? Yes, the Coney island hot dog eating contest, Yummy! Just kidding! I'm really serious about this losing weight, looking & feeling great thing. I'm in my 30's & I feel like life is passing me by because of my workload, involvement with the kids & insecurities {weight}... So I'm doing this for ME! ME ME ME I need to training for a 1/2 marathon & eat right. I think I told you all that I ran the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll marathon a long time ago... But, I didn't train correctly. I completed the marathon, but not on top of my game. When I hit 20 mile mark... WOW did I hit the wall. I used to run in college & then after, but after the rock 'n' roll marathon it turned me off from running. I hated it... Now I'm back. I feel my fat just jiggle away {sorry Oprah moment}. So this time I want to do it right, the correct way. I'm kind of excited about it... 2 babies, a husband & an awesome business later I'm going to do it!
I'm going to start training with my cousin/running partner Polly. We have always leaned on each other to work out & run. She ran the marathon with me & kicked butt. She did soooooo well! Go Polly... Go Go Go {Polly has a husband & 4 babies}! She found us a boot camp for our off days of running. It's in Encinitas. I think it will be great! I know I'm all talk now, but I really want to prove/show you all I can do it!!!
I still have to pick the 1/2 marathon to run. Hmmmm I've looked at a few. Here's what I've come up with:
1.) Hyannis, Cape Cod - 1/2 Marathon
2.) Santa Barbara - 1/2 Marathon
3.) Maui - 1/2 Marathon
4.) Kona - 1/2 Marathon
That's where I've stopped looking right now... But, I'm not done yet. Do you have any recommendations of 1/2 marathons. I really don't want anything hilly. I think the Santa Barbara one will be because of the Santa Ynez mountains. I have to do more research... Maybe on a secrete romantic getaway with the hubby to the Bacara. Wouldn't that be nice! All for the research...
Now, you all know my little burning desire...
Hey, maybe the rooster should start a running club & we meet in front of the rooster to all train together. OH MY GOSH.... That sounds fun! Should we? Would any of you do it? If we get more than 10 people maybe we should. Make a "comment" if you would like to & that will determine if we should....
Have a happy day today!

5 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of you alex! i too was turned off by running after my half marathon, and that was only 13 miles! i couldn't imagine doing a full. i really need to start running again before the summer. i'm right there with you on the "need to lose weight" train. good luck with your running and i know you will reach your goal before you know it. xo grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,

    Thanks! I need to do this for me now... Get on the "need to lose weight train". When your ready to start again... let's run together! :)

    XOXO,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Alexandra! I will turn 53 in June and have been an avid runner since I was in my early 30's. Running has saved me in more ways than I can even tell you. Keep at it. You have the runners desire and a history of running. Go Go Go!
    It's not about loosing weight, that happens as a bonus, for me it's more about keeping my sanity. I have never run a 1/2 or full marathon and only occasionally run 5 k's but I typically run 45 min. 5 times a week.

    I say go for the Santa Barbara idea and drink some nice wine after the run!

    xx, kelley

    PS: thanks for your support of the blog and wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would LOVE to run with you! Although I am like a turtle....soooo slow hahaha! Maybe I should go to Lulu lemon. I heard there stuff makes you run faster haha!

    ps. our almost identical ikat fabric is on page 94 of the latest House Beautiful! Did we get lucky on that fabric or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley,

    You inspire me! WOW 5 Days a week for 45 minutes! I'm trying!!!! I am, I AM, I AM!!!! Tomorrow I have to run 2.5 miles. I feel great... Love that feeling!

    Yes, the Santa Barbara ones sounds {tastes} perfect! I was talking to a client today {we ran the marathon together} & she asked me which one I was going to do now... I laughed & said, possibly the Hyannis port one. She asked when is it... I let her know its next year. What's wrong with me? LOL. I have 12 months to get into shape.

    Love your BLOG... :}

    *********

    Grace,

    Oh I'm so slow... I run with Sean & a battle starts {whimper like a baby} because he goes too fast for me & I'm done after 10 minutes. LOL I'll let you know if we all get together & run at the rooster... FUN!


    OOOHHHH Can't wait to see it! All because of you I got the last 2 yards... haha I'm going to hold off on cutting it right now because I have a really weird feeling that I would like to use it for Ryan's room when we move. Hmmmm


    P.S. I got running pants & a sports bra from them... Hmmm I don't really run faster. Maybe in my mind I do. We can all dream... Go get them! Try it! LOL

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete