Sunday, February 13, 2011

a crafting i will go...

I think somethings truly wrong with me right now! I went to Costco with the family yesterday to pick up Taylor's new glasses {that's another blog post}. We picked up a few essentials for the home &  then it happened. I locked eyes on this book... I knew it had to come home with me. After jumping over the Levi jeans, Adidas runners & speedo woman's bathing suits I grabbed it.  Was it the clean simple cover? Martha smiling at me? The fact that the sewing machine looks so pretty?  What is it? It was screaming my name...  TAKE ME HOME! I'm so in a crafting mood.  I want a crafting party. Tessa over at Nine and Sixteen wants a crafting party too {look here}. How fun would that be {to drink & giggle}! I need a craft project that's simple & easy to start off with. With all my currant & now new design clients this year I haven't had a single moment to spare  {no joke}...  When I do get a moment it's with my family.  

I have to warn everyone... I have a disease! Wanna know what it's called? "instant gratification + a.d.d + crazy woman + never listens + I can do anything - slow + needs to clean out her ears = one messed up woman *loca* disease". Yup, it started in high school.  My mom saw all the signs &  tried to get me the correct drugs, but it was too late. She lost me to the dark side!  

When I start something I want it done ASAP. I have the vision & I know exactly what I want. Don't get me wrong I'm a very hard worker that will work till my knuckles are bleeding or till I can't keep my eyes open any more. I just want things done fast. Realistically, I want the mess gone.  Plus, I like to stay really organized.  Results are what I thrive for. That's not a bad thing?  A normal person would A.) ask for help or B.) walk away for a minute &  then come back to complete the project or C.) stay organized throughout the project or D.) clean the mess up after. Nope not me! OK now I hire out. I try not to get myself into a bad melt down situation anymore. I already have to deal with 2 kids under the age of 5 so you understand my pain. lol 

This year {2011} my goal is to start something &  finish it on my own...  I did just finish a chalkboard wall in our kitchen. Looks pretty cool if you want to ask me. I got the push & extra motivation from my friend Alexis over at Fern & Feather {take a peek at her wall}. I'll show you mine later. 

So my crafting has begun...

I'm gonna try something in this book that's simple & lets go with simple again. Get my drift {wink}. I've got to do this for me! Mom can I get a sewing lesson from you again? I will listen & be patient this time. Please! I have the desire to do this now.  

OH I all most forgot... Look how inspiring my friend Tina is over at Swinging From The Chandelier {take a peek at these dolls she made}. 

Do any of you have this book or my disease?
Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. Alex, I want in on the crafting group!!! I'm bursting with heart to be creative!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I am an instant gratification person too. I love to read all the DYI blogs but mine never looks as good as when a professional does it. I did just put fabric on a bulletin board and it looks great. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you please come to my crafting party??!! I've tried, but all my friends are cooped up with the flu that has invaded our village for the last month, and everyone keeps insisting they aren't crafty enough. I told them after a few glasses of wine we'd all be crafty. :) Loved your Valentine's day pics! :) You sound like a lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete