Thursday, July 21, 2022

h e l l o... let me introduce myself


Hi e v e r y o n e! I wanted to take a moment & introduce myself! My name is Alexandra, and I'm one of the founders of rustic rooster interiors, a small boutique interior design firm in Encinitas. I was born & raised in sunny California... After graduating from college in San Diego, I opened up a furniture store on Old Highway 101 with my mom, Sally, the other rooster chick. There we brought back the look of the classic seaside cottage. Oh wow, that store was so fun & fabulous! We eventually closed the rooster storefront, but continued my interior design business.  As I've gotten older my style has definitely evolved & grown into something very distinct here in San Diego. I like to call my design classic New England cottage meets the relaxed California coastal style... Hope that makes sense! lol 

I do feel like I have so much more to tell you about how the rooster got started. Where it is today. Where we're headed... And much much more!  But today I just want to tell you a few things about me.  

10 things about me... 

1.) I can drive a stick shift car... Learned on my dads old truck when I was about 13 years old.  {I wanted to become a race car driver & a truck driver when I was little... hmmm kind of weird, but I loved driving}

2.) I'm an organizing/eliminating freak {my kids call me that}... Truly dislike clutter. 

3.) Can't draw if my life depended on it {yup & I'm an interior designer & I can't draw}

4.) I'm extremely sensitive... I want everyone to be happy. 

5.) I'm the most non flexible person in all of the world... So you guessed it, I can not touch my toes at all! 

6.) I'm o b s e  s s e d with old pine, blue & white pottery & antique bamboo. {i'm very picky with these pieces}

7.) If I could move today, I would move to Massachusetts & my kids would too! {no joke}

8.) I can't remember a dance move for the life of me! I end up laughing more than dancing because I'm so bad! {obviously I never made the dance team}

9.) I love 100% cotton sheets... Better than the fancy high end thread counts. {give me cheap old cotton bedding & I'm happy}

10.) I don't like to read... But I push myself to do so. My goal has always been to read 1 book a month. {shhh I try my hardest}



No comments:

Post a Comment