Wednesday, March 18, 2020

baking goodness

I know we're all trying to do our best in these trying times. As I sit & write this semi boring blog post {wink}... I'm in my PJ's looking at my hands. WOW they look so bad... Red and rashy and they hurt! Ughhh I know I'm not alone. But we will all survive...   

Enough about my hands... I wanted to just let you all know I've yelled at my kids a few times, I've done a million loads of laundry, had mini panic attacks that this is the new norm... Then I've come to my senses and realized I just need to bake good things and calm down! Thank Goodness for pinterest, because I found the most amazing chocolate chip pumpkin blondies to make. Best of all, I have had 2 big cans of pumpkin puree in my pantry... Hmmmm maybe 2+ years now. Its all good... A little expiration won't hurt anyone. They're amazing! So if you have some old pumpkin puree laying around go do it... Make this baking goodness. They won't disappoint! My hips on the other hand aren't too happy with me... HAHA But life is definitely about a happy balance.


directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a piece of parchment paper. Place parchment paper in a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
  2. Sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer and then add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Then mix in the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake pumpkin blondies for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow pumpkin chocolate chip bars to cool for 20 minutes in pan and then remove from pan. Cut into bars and enjoy!

INGREDIENT: 

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 2 Tablespoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips



No comments:

Post a Comment