Tuesday, September 6, 2016

wish me luck


For the last few weeks I've been craving slow cooker oatmeal... It just sounds so good to me. Now with the weather slowly changing and school back in session I think I found the perfect recipe. I did make it years ago and and everyone liked it. But, one thing that I do remember is that it was a little blah and needed more flavor. Hmmm I think I know why this recipe grabbed my attention... Brown sugar and cream! Doesn't it look absolutely delicious! So last night I made it. I'll let you all know how it goes this morning... Wish me Luck! 


{recipe here}

* How To Cook Steel-Cut Oats for Breakfast the Night Before *


Ingredients
1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups water
3-fingered pinch salt
1 cup milk (optional)

Instructions
1. Start this the night before you want to have steel-cut oatmeal. Measure out your oats. This quantity will make about 4 servings.
2. Heat about 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Add the oats and fry them for about 3 minutes, or until they start smelling toasty.
3. Pour in the water and add the salt. Stir.
4. Bring to a rolling boil.
5. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it on the stove, and go to bed!
6. The next morning, uncover the pan and bring the oatmeal back up to a simmer. If you would like thinner and creamier oatmeal, stir in a cup of milk before reheating.
When the oatmeal is warm, scoop out and enjoy!
Additional Notes:
• Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. 
• Re-heat leftovers in just the same way: warm up on the stove, or in a bowl in the microwave.


No comments:

Post a Comment