Thursday, November 11, 2010

play date in laguna

I've been looking for a fun new bedding line for a client's daughters room. I wanted something a bit different & wild {bold} in color then all the rest. I happened to stumble upon a picture in a magazine one day... Fell in love... Called the vendor & bammm my client & I were off to Laguna Beach for a play date to shop. Our little date took us to Kerry Cassill's boutique, lala. All I have to say is get up there & check out her bedding & clothes! OH MY Amazing! After draping so many different quilts, sheets, duvet covers & pillows over a little twin bed, we found our combo for sweet Caroline's room! Talk about one lucky girl!
We were getting ready to pay & all of a sudden this woman started talking to us casually. I knew I recognized her {photo from her website}... I whispered to Kelly, OH MY that's Kerry Cassill! OH yes it was. She's awesome! So down to earth & real. She calls it the way she sees it. We talked about India {I want to go so bad}, my store, her store, her bedding... for about a 1/2 hour. Then I finally got the courage to ask for a photo with her. I felt like such a dork, but hello I had to do it for the blog. OH for the love of this damn blog. lol She gladly snapped a shot with me. Thanks Kerry!!






The reason I liked the feel of her store is that it was so down to earth & real... Hello like the rooster! Yes, they had dust, they held a conversation with you & even recommended other stores to shop at. I knew this boutique was my kind of place! Kerry, I'm coming back! {can't wait} Brittany, it was a pleasure meeting you too... Hope to see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. I think I need to take a little drive to Laguna and check out her shop. Looks like my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, might have to incorporate her things into the designs I hope you'll do for me. Have you also checked out http://www.rikshawdesign.com/

    She has a great bedding and children's line and just started a line for women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jane,

    OH I love Rikshaw's bedding! Her work is amazing!!! My daughter has a little rikshaw blanket she naps with at pre-school everyday.:) I can't wait to start your project!!! Talk to you on Tuesday! :)

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Kerry's shop! I've been going there for YEARS now and have used her for my clients as well. Glad you found her too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...