Wednesday, February 17, 2010

good morning!

Good morning San Diego!
Last night I made homemade Maple-Nut Granola. Yummy! I saw a picture in the Martha Stewart, Everyday Food Magazine... It looked so good that I just had to try & make it. Sorry, I didn't take pictures of the before cooking process. I was juggling kicking kids out of the kitchen, cleaning & trying to read the recipe. Well, I did it. I knew my biggest & hardest critique would be honest with me & tell me if it was good or not... Sean loved it! Thank goodness! Then I presented it to the kids this morning... Hmmm Ryan is riding his tri-cycle around the house & Taylor is enjoying eating it. I think it was a huge success... Try & make it for your breakfast tomorrow morning. I rate it a 10 on easy to make & 10 on yummy to eat!
1 -
  • Preheat oven to 325
  • In a large bowl, toss together 3 1/2 cups of old-fasioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
  • 1/4 teaspon of coarse salt
  • 5 teaspoons of vegtable oil
  • 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

2 -

Spread oat mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Rotate sheet halfway through. Let cool completly. store in a plastic container and keep at room temperature {up to 2 weeks}.

* Put yougurt {favorite kind} on it, with bananas & honey dripped all over it. Sweet Success...

No comments:

Post a Comment