Monday, August 29, 2011

  
I feel the pressure releasing from my chest...  Ahhh I can breath again {for now at least}! I can't even tell you how good that makes me feel. I still have questions that need to be answered. I want a full report by dinner time tonight. I'm sure I'll get short answers, but that will do for now!  I'll take what I can get...

The moment I turned onto campus I could feel my heart leap out of my chest. I had to hold back the tears. I didn't have anyone to grab on to {Sean is out of town for business}. So I told myself I needed to get it together & show her how strong I am... Even though I was dying inside! As we walked in I saw a dear dear friend... Her radiant smile grabbed me & put me at ease {thanks Alicia}. She directed me to the kindergarten area. We started walking which felt like an eternity... Then we saw "the spot". I knew Taylor would be just fine the moment she got in line. She walked in like she owned the school. Her independence glowed from head to toe. I wanted to hold her & keep her in my arms... Forever!

Time has passed by so fast! I remember the day I found out I was pregnant, then the day I found out it was a girl... I beamed with excitement. I do remember everything Taylor {hint hint}! Now it's my time to let go & let her fly as high as she can...   Taylor started Kindergarten today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congratulations to Taylor:) That is awesome. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I literally teared up last night thinking about how Penelope starts kindergarten herself in another week. I know I'm gonna feel just like this post on that day. Hang in there, the fun times are only beginning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Alex, I didn't know Sean wasn't here today - Mike was also OOT, too. I would have gone to "the coffee" with you - but I thought you needed to hang with your "K - Crew" and I didn't want to hold you back. I remember when you told me you were pregnant with Taylor (baby S at the time) and I can't believe she is so grown up today.
    this year is going to be so incredibly special for all of you - mark my words. and I will gladly hold your hand any time, my dear friend ;) as will my a certain 7th grader. xoA

    ReplyDelete