Monday, November 16, 2009

Round two

Last week I made simply seletas {check out her blog, pretty cute!} Slow Cooker oatmeal. I was so excited because I'm looking for easy, fast & healthy ways to feed the kids & my husband {breakfast, lunch & dinner}. I envisioned raspberries & sliced bananas on top sprinkled with yummy brown sugar & cinnamon... Well, it was a little watery for my husband & the kids turned their noses up at it, but I kind of liked it! So Tonight I've been browsing through all of my cookbooks looking for another slow cooking oatmeal recipe... I happened to stumbled upon one in a fabulous cook book that I have, called The Cape Cod Table, By Lora Brody.

This slow cooking oatmeal recipe contains:

  • 2 1/2 cups regular oats

  • 8 cups of water

  • 2 teaspoons salt

  • 2 tablespoons butter (optional)

  • 1 cup of golden or dark raisins (optional)

Cook on Low & turn off in the morning. I'm going for the gold & i'm adding all the optionals. Wish me luck for tomorrow morning!


The coffee will be set & ready to sip ASAP... & The oatmeal will be ready to gobble down. Hopefully no one will be screaming, "Mommy, mommy I'm hungry, hurry up!" Ahhhhh don't you just love morning! Wish It was that easy... Round two here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment