Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thought I would share this funny little story with everyone on this Thankful Day:
Recently I received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude & an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious & laced with profanity. I tried & tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else I could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, I was fed up & I yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. I shook the parrot & the parrot got angrier & even ruder. So, in desperation, I threw up my hands, grabbed the bird & put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked & kicked & screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that I'd hurt the parrot, I quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto my outstretched arms & said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language & actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions & I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude & unforgivable behavior."I was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As I was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
from the
rustic rooster!

No comments:

Post a Comment