..10 Ways to L O V E Yourself..
- Probably the most important key is to stop criticizing yourself. If we tell ourselves that we are okay, no matter what is going on, we can make changes in our lives easily. It is when we make ourselves bad that we have great difficulty.
- We must also stop scaring ourselves. Many of us terrorize ourselves with frightful thoughts and make situations worse than they are. We take a small problem and make it into a big monster.
- Another way is to be gentle and kind and patient with yourself. Most of us suffer from the expectation of immediate gratification. We must have it now. Impatience is a resistance to learning. We want the answers without learning the lesson or doing the steps that are necessary.
- We must learn to be kind to our minds. Let’s not hate ourselves for having negative thoughts. We can think of our thoughts as building us up rather than beating us up.
- The next step is to praise yourself. Criticism breaks down the inner spirit, and praise builds it up. Acknowledge your Power. We are all expressions of the Infinite Intelligence.
- Loving yourself means supporting yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. You really are being strong when you ask for help when you need it.
- Love your negatives. They are all part of your creation, just as we are all part of the Universe. The Intelligence that created us doesn’t hate us because we make mistakes. This Intelligence knows we are doing the best we can and loves all of Its creation, as we can love ours.
- Take care of your body. This was the topic of my email last week, however it bears repeating. Think of your body as a marvelous house in which you live for a while. You would love your house and take care of it, wouldn’t you? So, watch what you put into your body.
- I often emphasize the importance of mirror work in order to find out the cause of an issue that keeps us from loving ourselves. Look in the mirror first thing in the morning and say: “I love you. What can I do for you today? How can I make you happy?” Listen to your inner voice, and start following through with what you hear.
- Finally, love yourself now – don’t wait until you get it right. If you can love and approve of yourself now, then when good comes into your life, you will be able to enjoy it. Once you learn to love yourself, you can begin to love and accept other people too.
Loving yourself is a wonderful adventure; it’s like learning to fly. Imagine if we all had the power to fly at will? How exciting it would be!
I love myself just the way I am.