Blackberry Butter Bars
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 10 oz. blackberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. coconut milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, creating a 1" overhang on both sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together cake mix, coconut, melted butter, 1 egg and lemon zest. Press mixture into the bottom of the parchment lined pan, creating an even coat. Sprinkle the blackberries on top and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese, coconut milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Pour overtop blackberries and bake for 35-45 minutes. The edges should be light golden brown, and the centre should sill be a little wiggly.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and cut into small squares.