Friday, September 11, 2015

i can still hear you...

 
 
I will never forget her! She had a voice that was strong, captivating and oh so beautiful! As a child I would sit mesmerized listening to her read to me in the library at Campbell Hall. Years later during my college days I was working on the Cape at Chatham Bars Inn... Haven't seen her in ages. As I stood talking to a guest, I heard her... I turned very slowly. I knew that voice... I was flooded with every childhood memory possible. It was like an angel had entered the room... It WAS Mrs. Angell. I ran over to her like I was back in kindergarten. Threw my arms around her and gave her a big hug! Oh Mrs. Angell you are very missed! I know in heaven you're captivating everyone with your beautiful voice!  Mrs. Angell and her husband were returning home to Los Angeles from a wedding on the Cape on 9/11... When their plane was hijacked and crashed into the World Trade Center. We will always remember and honor you... Rest in peace!
 
xoxo
Alexandra

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra,

    This made me have goosebumps....such a heart felt message. Thank you for sharing.
    Warmly,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete