The holidays are creeping up on us and the calendar is already filling up with party invites. It seems almost impossible to live in the moment. Although there is a part of me that wants to just take it easy and enjoy this time of year, there are things that need to be done. By now you should have a good idea of what you are doing this Thanksgiving. If you are hosting, you need to start planning now, if you haven’t already started. Here's a short checklist of things that will get you started on the road to a successful and less-stressful Thanksgiving:
- Confirm your guest list and send out those invites!
- Put together your meal plan. Do you have enough space in your oven for more than one item? Do you need multiple stove-top burners at the same time? Plan accordingly.
- Order or purchase your turkey. Make sure the turkey is going to fit in your oven.
- Order flowers in advance so that you have the perfect arrangement.
- Check your seating. Do you need to rent or borrow a table and chairs?
- Take inventory of your equipment to ensure that you have enough for all of your guests (dinnerware, silverware, serving items, linens, etc.)
More tips to come...