Wednesday, April 11, 2012

rise and shine


Good morning my readers! I hope this morning has found you all well... So far so good for me {smile}. I'm on spring break right now...  In sunny So. Cal {shhh I didn't go anywhere}! The kids are both  out of school, so Sean & I are having a little family time together. 


We opted not to go any where this time because my kids are still at the age where they have little fights, spats, wars, screaming matches, quarrels, hitting battles... You name it they're doing it. So we feel that we really don't want to spend any money on them. It's a waste because it just stresses everyone out & we all don't have fun! I know that might sound awful to some, but I think I have spoiled my children to the hilt with too much & now they feel they are entitled to anything & everything. For example my son is walking on a fine line right now... Are you ready for this?!?! Ryan's ultimate punishment... OK He just had his 4th big boy birthday party last Saturday. His behavior {not listening & much more} on Friday at Party City was unbelievable... So 1 I first started to threaten him by taking away his party, but then realized we already paid for the jumpy {shoot} so then a friend told me a story of what she did with her daughter the day before her birthday party when she did something bad {thanks Tina}. She told her daughter that she wasn't allowed to open her presents for 1 month after her birthday party. So guess what I did... Yup you guessed it... Told Ryan that he couldn't open his present up for 1 week after his party. So far it's working. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I'm not going to spank or scream anymore.  Nope! I'm doing the reverse. Taking things away very quietly & with a huge smile. I'm trying to lead a more simple life & back peddle with the kids. I wonder if it will work at all. It better... Because this momma is going to go crazy. Oh my I just realized I let you know a little too much {chuckle}! Who cares I'm such a real, open & honest person anyway. I know everyone goes through this... Maybe at different stages of their kids lives. I'm just in the thick of it. It's better to be honest than to lie. Right? 


Well, it's Scully time right now. We want to relax & just stay at home. We've actually been enjoying ourselves very much. The kids have been great!  Our family's been swimming, biking & laughing like crazy! Remember this post {here} Well, I'm doing it. They haven't received anything & I haven't bought anything either. I cleaned out 6 drawers from the kids room yesterday & 1 of mine. Today I'm tackling my shoes & jewelry. Man it feels good... 

Here's a fabulous pancake recipe that I just made for the kids this morning for breakfast. 

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 egg, beaten lightly
  • 1 ½ cups milk
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  1. Put first three ingredients in a bowl together and use a whisk to sift and mix it.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix egg and milk, then add it to flour mix, in three parts, stirring just until smooth.
  3. Stir in butter.
  4. Grease a griddle or nonstick pan with cooking spray or a little vegetable oil.
  5. Heat pan on medium for about five minutes.
  6. Pour homemade pancake batter to form pancakes of whatever size you like.
  7. Cook first side until bubbles form on top, about three minutes; then flip and cook other side until it, too, is brown, about two minutes.
  8. Serve immediately with butter and syrup or hold briefly in warm oven.
Serves 4.

Bone Appetite!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Alex! I think we have all been there! Great punishment!

    ReplyDelete