Saturday, January 15, 2011

searsucker review

I can't really put my finger on this restaurant... As I sat at dinner I looked around & around trying to get a vibe on the place. Then I kept trying to figure out what I would say about the restaurant. I guess I was trying to think & act like a restaurant reviewer. Hmmmm I'll start by saying the service was absolutely wonderful. Perfect staff. Everyone was very attentive to anything & everything we wanted. Our waitress was adorable {beautiful}, funny & very knowledgeable about the menu. When we first arrived they asked us if we had a reservation. Tip... make a reservation if you don't want to wait in the bar. The bar was cool, but the seats weren't comfortable at all. Bench like seating that was very stiff. We moved to another lounge area {pictured below} & I pretty much fell into the couch & took about 5 minutes to get comfy. Lets just say I looked like a fat whale trying to sit up. lol Sean loved it. I was just frustrated about the no back support.

{lounge are}

As I looked around while I was drinking my Captain & coke {yummy} I started noticing the tables & decor. Very cool! They had my favorite plant inside... boxwood hedges {look at picture above}. Love! They do need to change theirs out... Little dry & old. Sean said, they were probably here since the day they opened. Then we watched people get seated... They have tall bar like tables with bar stools {picture below}. We laughed because a group of 4 people. 3 cute girls & 1 very very large man were seated at one of those tables... Oh he didn't look too happy. The girls kept getting off the chairs to pull their jeans up. Too funny! Ya you can go to chilies or TGIF & have that type of seating for 1/2 the cost. Not a great idea...

{bar tables}
I did notice a lot of older people at this restaurant. Literally with walkers. I looked at Sean & realized why is because of the price point... Definitely not inexpensive. With our bar tab & dinner {plus 1 AMAZING desert} was pretty much 200.00+. Sorry I don't like to talk numbers... just wanted to be honest. Not your average SDSU college grad or young business person starting out restaurant... We were offered a seat at the community table {pictured below}. I opted not because I wanted to stare into my husband eyes & get cozy... & not have the person next to me drop his salad on my foot or listen to my conversation. That's not my idea of cozy or romantic.

{community table}
We took a tall bar like table. It was fine for us because at that point we were starving & wanted to sit & eat. I think I would have changed the seating if I were the designer on board. My little suggestion... {hint if you're reading}. Then we received our food & dug in. I loved mine. Sean sat on the fence with his. He liked it, but wasn't in love. The salad was amazing! A+ for that. Then it was time for desert....... A must for me. We had the kings Sunday. OH MY GOSH... I {we} loved it! That was A++++++++. It was the best thing all night. No joke!!!!! That sealed the deal for me. Get that if you do go.
I asked Sean a few questions...

Would you go back?
NO
Was your food good?
YES
Would you recommend this restaurant to other people?
It really depends on the circumstance
What's the age group?
Mainly older
Do you like the decor?
It was fun & Different... Would change tables ASAP
Was the service good?
Very good A+
Over all rating 1 being the lowest & 10 being the highest
6
If you do want an adventure & something new...
Go & try it. I can at least say... Oh Ya I've been to Searsucker's! ha {wink}

1 comment:

  1. I love it, you are hilarious. I want to go for the Sunday, my BFF and I go out on dessert dates. xo

    ReplyDelete