Monday, July 26, 2010

train & pony rides with two sweet little rugrats

I can't even tell you how many times I've tried to go up to San Juan Capistrano to go to Zoomras Petting zoo with the kids. It seems like every time we say we're going something always happens... Well, not this weekend we did it! The kids were so excited... & I was kind of too!
We waited for the train!

They looked & looked for the train... Ryan was dying to run free & be one with the trains. His BFF's... He was on tight lock down {hand holding & stroller sitting}!


Taylor got all blinged out for the big Train date!

They walked to keep Ryan occupied till the train arrived!

Ryan was ready to rock & roll on this Train...
Huge SORRY to all the passengers that wanted a quiet ride. Sorry!

We made it...
This is what we saw when we got off the train! Too cute! Hate to have had a few drinks & try & figure out where to go with all these signs... Thank goodness we were all sober & only high on excitement!


We walked the road... then we saw THE SIGN! We were getting closer to Zoomars!


First, I had to take a few shots of some of the little accents in the town... Precious! As we were walking we decided to eat lunch "first" & then go to the petting zoo after. So Ruby's dinner here we come!

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!



Then we finally made it. All I have to say, is they are brilliant at Zoomars. Look at all the stuff you can buy {i kept hearing... cha ching in my brain... genius... money, money, money!}. I was happy to fork over the cash to make the little ones happy. They LOVED it! We bought food for the animals... Hats for the kids... Pony rides... & train rides.... I do have to say that this was the best money spent. Taylor didn't take her hat off all day & night... too cute!


Cowboy Ryan was ready to go & Ride the ponies.

Taylor looked so precious in her hat. She felt so special all day! I just love seeing her glow with excitement...



This was shadow! Ryan's ride...

Then we were off to the trains. We were pretty cool on the train until Ryan decided to take the seat belt off & try & jump out. Good times! Hey, he's 2 1/2... Arggggh!

They climbed & played their hearts out!

Off again to feed the bunnies & guinea pigs!

Ryan demanded that he holds a guinea pig... Grandma being the animal expert helped him out. I was dying with allergies behind the camera. I guess you call me the city kid. lol

Ahhhhhh He was so good to his little guinea pig!

He started squeezing it tighter & tighter... & saying mine, mine, mine! I had to step in & lighten the grip & discuss with him that they live here... blah blah blah!

Taylor so didn't fit in... But she was pretty cute in her sparkly shoes!

We tried to sneak some food in our mouth... I caught you Ryan. knock it off!


For those of you who know Taylor... You know she not quite an animal person... Well, she did it with grandma. You go girl! Look at her hand... She was so nervous! I'm surprised she was even in the bunny area at all. Taylor said her favorite bunnies were the sleeping ones.


Are time at Zoomars was coming to an end... So we had to get one more dance out! We got a little wild & then....
We were out for the ride!
Ahhhhhhh that train ride was the best ride home. It was QUIET & I got to sit & relax.
Thanks Amtrak, Zoomars & grandma for a fun Sunday!
THANKS!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect day! You kids are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What a fun day, I think I'm going to give this little trip a try myself with the fam:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING day...

    Thanks Kayce... I think they're kind of adorable too! :)

    Haydee... go go go. You will love it!

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete