Saturday, April 24, 2010

street fair = busy saturday

Encinitas Street Fair
Saturday, April 24th - 25

I do have to say that every year... I really go for these top 10 reasons {only}:

1.) Sell furniture at the rustic rooster

2.) Meeting new glowing customers {their first time finding the rooster}

3.) Kettle corn

4.) Mexican burrito

5.) Getting Taylor's face painted

6.) Seeing adorable dogs & families walk all around

7.) People watch {some are definitely a little different... as we all are}

8.) Get more junk food... Like Funnel cake {moms favorite}

9.) Listen to loud music

10.) Leave with a lovely farmers tan

But, this year I have to say I found some really good stuff! I was shocked... & I didn't get any funnel cake {Still have Sunday} I was a buyer this year. WOW!
This is how the day went...
Meeting Melissa in her ADORABLE rooster apron at the front door... Ya gotta just love this girl!
Then I walked outside to say HI to our resident grasshopper, Mr. Frank. He attended this years Encinitas Street Fair for the 1st time... Thanks Frank! If you see him say HI, but please let him be in our garden & don't try & take him or touch him. He truly lives there. Thanks!
Then I went out walking & shopping...
adorable wire baskets...
perfect tunics for summer...
fabulous fedora {that actually fits my massive head}...
the perfect plastic beach bags...
I still have tomorrow... I wounder what kind of trouble I can get myself into... I had a great time this year. Hope to see some familiar faces... & hope to meet some new ones!
rustic rooster
930 South Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, California 92024
760.436.2171
:: we will be open this Sunday ::
{just for the street fair}
* 10am to 5 pm *

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like there are some great finds. And I'm laughing that you DON'T want to kill the grasshopper in your garden! We have a major grasshopper prob at our place and I have to throw loads of killer down each season so they don't eat up everything. Yours doesn't do that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture of Melissa. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, i forgot that it was this weekend. darrin is out of town so i totally should have come up wth parker. looks like you had fun :)
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello I love the Rustic Rooster,
    I have been to your store before, I am friends with Lucy and Sheri who lived on the desert and she is the one who got me to make a trip to your store.

    Keep on inspiring.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete